Shopping the Store! March 28, 2012
So, when shopping for clothes, do you have a strategy for “shopping the store?” If you don’t you’ll end up with clothes you don’t want and time wasted taking back a purchase.
Just like with most things in life, you need to do your shopping with a plan.
Here’s my 10-step strategy
- Keep a running list of clothing pieces you need.
- When you decide that you’re going shopping this weekend, sit down and decide what items you’re going to purchase.
- With list in hand, do a little Internet research. Check out your favorite stores to look for discounts. Seek out “what’s new.”
- Google for coupons! Put in the name of your favorite store to shop in and then the word “coupons.” Up will come a listing of possible coupons to use before you go shopping. A friend of mine was shopping for a specific men’s brand of shoes, Googled the name brand and came up with a coupon that saved him more than 50%.
- When you get to the store armed with coupons, do a quick scan of the store. Hunt first around the sales rack.
- With a specific coupon you can target immediately whatever the coupon is for.
- Notice how the mannequins are dressed to pick up ideas and see what’s trending for the season.
- Discuss with the sales force what’s trending.
- Always try on your selected pieces before heading to the check-out counter.
- Do mental calculations of what you’ve put in the “buy” pile. Are you still within budget? If not, be prepared to put some pieces back.
- Beauty on a Budget (juliesfreshair.com)