Fall, Arizona Cantaloupe are here! Let’s Eat! October 7, 2013
By Julie Murphree, Arizona Farm Bureau
Beginning in October, most of the country gets their fall cantaloupe from Arizona. In fact, nearly 10,000 acres of Arizona cantaloupe will be harvested from now until the first week in December and shipped throughout the United States. So, Arizona becomes the cantaloupe capitol of the nation for about three months.
Arizona Farm Bureau highlights the food safety harvesting of our Arizona cantaloupe:
1. Arizona’s farm food safety practices are top notch.
2. Our hot, dry climate is good at killing microbes.
3. Arizona cantaloupe during the fall season is a healthy part of a good diet with fruits and veggies.
So, when shopping for fall melons, ask your local grocer where they purchased the melons from. If Arizona melons, eat up!
- Visiting the Best Resorts in Arizona (local.answers.com)
- Beyond Big Ag Numbers: Telling Our Arizona Agriculture Story (juliesfreshair.com)
- Meet My Favorite Arizona Organic Farmer! (juliesfreshair.com)
- Cantaloupes and Food Safety (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Arizona Ag Member: Help the Voice of Ag Be Your Voice (juliesfreshair.com)
- “Conversation” Series Interviews an Arizona Chicken Farmer this Time (juliesfreshair.com)
- Posted in : General
- Author : freshair