It’s Kind of Funny What Inspires Us September 18, 2013
It’s truly funny (at least interesting) what can inspire our future endeavors. For the future pilot, it was that first breathless ride in a plane (certainly that was brother, Curt, flying around our farm with Dad).
For the future doctor or medical professional it would have been patching up a hurt puppy. Maybe for a future artist it was the first time they finger painted with their classmates in class.
For me, the future writer, it was a few experiences that left a lasting impression and hopeful desire for my future. It was everything from listening to John-boy Walton every Thursday night narriate the show. Plus, my inspiration took a very serious turn when Aunt Susan Howard gave me my first Laura Ingalls Wilder book, Little House in the Big Woods.
Inspiration — not intelligence, not school, and often not even our parents — can be the biggest spark to get us started on our journey to a future designed for us. Sometimes I wonder if inspiration is that still, small voice of God. Be inspired!
- All Things Laura (3children1van.wordpress.com)
- David Gordon Green Working On Laura Ingalls Wilder Film Adaptation (contactmusic.com)
- Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Woman Behind the Legend (MISSOURI BIOGRAPHY SERIES) e-book downloads (anjupiju.wordpress.com)
- Laura Ingalls Wilder, “Little House on the Prairie” (thebooksheread.com)
- On the Way Home ebook downloads (ozsixide.wordpress.com)
- Is ‘Little House on the Prairie’ a libertarian parable? (washingtonpost.com)
- Day 24 of the Big Ride, Miller to De Smet, SD (johngratto.wordpress.com)
- Malin’s #CBR5 Reviews #75-83: The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder (cannonballread5.wordpress.com)