Spring is Around the Corner, Is Your Wardrobe Ready? February 15, 2012
While we’ve still got some chilly days ahead of us (I know, you don’t feel very sorry for us in Arizona), it’s the perfect time to prepare your spring wardrobe.
I love spring. Colors are bursting forth, the sun seems to be out bigger and brighter during the spring and we can shed all those clothing layers for those of us in really cold country.
Here is my list of simple reminders to prepare your wardrobe for spring.
- Condition and polish your winter boots and put them away for hibernation!
- Change your opaque tights to sheer hose.
- Consider trading in a leather bag for a fabric one (not as critical, but a consideration).
- Move all your coats and thick sweaters into storage and/or your extra closet (if you have one).
- Add pale colors to your wardrobe for accenting your core wardrobe pieces.
- Switch out your heavier winter fabrics with lighter cotton, linen and Rayon fabrics.
- Switch to shorter lengths especially in your skirts and dresses. A little more skin can be revealed (appropriately) as we warm up to summer.
- Put away your winter coat and bring out the classic trench especially if you live in rainy climates.
- Stock up on colorful, solid color cotton and silk tees or blouses.
- Switch from dark matte lipsticks to softer, glossy shades.
- Consider changing from powder eye shadows to cream shadows.
- When summer comes, remember to wear make-up cover that contains sunscreen; at least 15 SPF.
- Our Top 10 Wardrobe Mistakes! (juliesfreshair.com)
- The Suit Does Make the Man: The Core Wardrobe for Men (juliesfreshair.com)
- 33 Ways to Mix it Up when Mixing and Matching Your Wardrobe (juliesfreshair.com)
- Wardrobe Oxygen: Wardrobe Staples for 2012 (savings.com)
- Friend Fridays: Trends and inspiration for spring 2012 (closet-coach.com)
- Spring Necessities from J.Crew (thecaryatid.wordpress.com)
- Wardrobe Oxygen: Seasonal Clothing Storage (savings.com)
- 10 Eye-Popping Brights To Shake Up Your Winter Wardrobe (refinery29.com)